DANA DOLLY DDURK1 UNIVERSAL RENTAL KIT
This kit is complete with 75, 100, and 150mm bowl adapters, and comes in a custom flight case. The wheel trucks swivel, allowing the dolly to ride on available straight or curved track, which you must source separately. The manufacturer recommends using standard speed rail or Schedule 80 aluminum pipe of compatible size. The dolly includes two universal track ends, which accept inch and a quarter pipe (standard speed rail) up to 1.9″ O.D., and fit into available standard Junior stand receivers or 5/8″ Baby pins. A center support is included for long track runs or when using heavy cameras.
The dolly platform is machined from aluminum and features a standard Mitchell mount including a 2.75″ center hole with a machined key way. The platform incorporates one 3/8″ through hole, one 1/4″-20 threaded hole, and one 3/8″-16 threaded hole on each side of the dolly platform for a total of 6 accessory mounting holes. The rental kit includes a monitor mount with a ball head adapter. The Dana dolly is designed and manufactured in the USA.
Custom Machined Track Wheels
The key to the Dana dolly’s smooth ride are the 16 custom machined track wheels.
- The wheels are custom made soft, then turned down to be round within 1/1000 of an inch to eliminate the “bounce” that normal skateboard wheels suffer from.
- You can park the dolly with 100 pounds of camera and accessories on the track at 100° F for an hour without the wheels flat spotting.
- Another benefit from the machining the wheels is reduced squeak during use.
- The wheels are custom modified 16 at a time on a special machine, providing uniformity.
- The wheel trucks can swivel on the dolly, which allows it to ride on straight and round track.
- A felt washer separates the dolly platform from the wheel trucks, helping to reduce noise.
- The included T-Tool features a 1/2, 9/16, and 3/8″ ends.
- It allows you to tighten the wheel trucks using the 9/16th end to suit your taste.